- Graham Sleight: Editorial
- David Ketterer: Locating Slipstream
- Chris Pak: "A Fantastic Reflex of Itself..."
- Sandor Klapcsik: Cannibalising "Anicient" Technologies and Art Forms
- Victor Grech: "The Trick in Hard SF is to minimise cheating and disguise it with fancy footwork..."
- Alex Kane: Individualism, Atheism, and the Search for God in Cormac McCarthy's The Road.
- Andy Sawyer: Zoo City by Lauren Beukes
- Joseph Viney: The Best of Michael Moorcock
- David Seed: Robert A. Heinlein: In Dialogue with His Century by William H Patterson Jr
- Niall Alexander: Son of Heaven by David Wingrove
- Jen Gunnells: Codename Prague by D. Harlan Wilson
- Paul Kincaid: Bests of the year, eds Anderson and Dozois